Thursday, July 29, 2010

Custom Chiffon Backdrop: Summer Wedding Reception at the Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel in Orlando, Florida.




A couple of Fridays ago I was in Houston, Texas finishing a meeting with a client. Towards the evening, I got a call from my parents asking me what I had plan for that weekend and at the same time they were asking me if my husband had already left work for the day. I answered them saying that Scott had left to Portland, Oregon to attend the wedding of his best friend and that I was going to have the weekend for myself. Immediately after I told them that, they offered me to buy me a plane ticket to Orlando, Florida to visit them for the week. At the beginning I was hesitant from accepting their invitation, but within an hour or so, I said yes and flew to MCO the next day.

Thirty minutes after I landed at the City Beautiful I went straight to work "on site" at the Rosen Shingle Creek Resort (specifically inside the Butler Ballroom) to install a gorgeous chiffon backdrop at the wedding reception of Erica and David. It had been over a year since I worked on location and it was so exciting to just be there in person... I work so hard every week on W Drapings Florida but mostly with logistics and a lot of office and behind the scene stuff that very rarely I get to install or assist my mom and dad draping weddings and events in and around Central Florida. I was soooo happy to be there!

The Rosen Shingle Creek Resort has been opened to the public for more than a year (if not two) and I had never visited it before. It is so beautiful, their staff is fantastic and the architect did a really good job in designing the ballrooms. While my father and I were installing the chiffon backdrop we got to spend time with the team of Mon Cheri Wedding Services whom provided the gorgeous flowers to the wedding reception (you can see some in the images accompanying this post). The people of Soundwave Entertainment were setting up their lights and music equipment as we were finishing our own set up. I was just so happy all afternoon, I have always enjoyed seeing how all the different aspects of an event get put together quickly and successfully hours before the party starts.

We did not get to meet the bride and groom in person, but we know for sure that they had a wonderful wedding ceremony and a fabulous wedding reception, and that their guests had fun too. Towards the end of the night, my father arrived to the wedding reception venue to break down the chiffon backdrop and caught some guests taking pictures of themselves in front of it, which was cool because our piece did not only served as a backdrop to the sweetheart table but it also worked great as a guest and bridal wall.

Below, you can see a few "before and after" photographs that I took while we were installing... we hope you like them and get the idea of how just a soft touch of chiffon can change aesthetically a small area of a wedding or event.

Enjoy!











Erica and David's fabulous wedding reception was possible thanks to the talent, creativity and expertise of the following participating vendors:

Rosen Shingle Creek Resort, ceremony/reception venue and cake.
Blush by Brandee Gaar, planning and coordination.
Mon Cheri Wedding Services, flowers.
W Drapings Florida, custom chiffon backdrop.
Unique Linens, linens.
Valerie Pernice, ceremony music.
Soundwave Entertainment Systems, reception music.
STVS Wedding Videos, videography.
Marc Harmon Photography, photography.

If you have any questions, want to request a ceiling draping and wedding chiffon quote or simply want to share your stories and ideas for wedding receptions or event decor in general leave a comment below or contact us via email at ceilingdrapings@wdrapingsflorida.com we'd love to hear from you. All images above by W Drapings Florida except the very first one at the top of this post (which is the same as the second to last one) which was courtesy of Mon Cheri Wedding Services.

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment